A Visit to New Orleans
A visit to New Orleans is great for any family. Whether your family is history buffs, art lovers, of thrill seekers, there is something for everyone.
Below are a few of the exciting activities you can enjoy with your family on a getaway to New Orleans.
- The Audubon Zoo is a world class zoo where you can take an African safari, have a butterfly land on your finger tip, or watch the wild animals in action
- If you are more into sea life, give the Aquarium of the Americas a try. While there, you can take a tour of a rain forest, enjoy an aquatic petting zoo, or just watch the penguins play. There are thirty different frog species from around the world in the “Frogs” display as well.
- If you’re looking for some art and educational fun or science for your child, check out the Louisiana Children’s Museum. The hands on exhibits will help to expand their young minds and are fun at the same time.
- Take a trip through history at the French Quarter’s Cabildo, the most important historical building in the state. This building is owned by the Louisiana State Museum and is the location where the Louisiana Purchase took place. There are many historical artifacts in this building, including the death mask of Napoleon. You can either walk or go on a horse drawn carriage as you travel through the French Quarter to enjoy the history, art, and architecture that makes this place so unique.
- If your family prefers more adventure, you should spend a day at the country’s newest theme park, Six Flags New Orleans. There are 31 rides throughout the 140 acre park.
- If you’re looking for an adventure you will never forget, take your family on a Swamp Tour. The alligators will likely swim up right beside your boat. You will also be able to see a very unique ecosystem in action and learn just how important the coastal wetlands are.
- For a more relaxed time, take a ride on the Canal Streetcar from the Mississippi River to the City Park. This bright red streetcar includes air conditioning and is also handicapped accessible.
As you can see, there are a lot of options for your family to enjoy their stay in New Orleans. These are just a few of the options available for you.